The Association of British Credit Unions Ltd (ABCUL) is the leading trade association for credit unions in England, Scotland and Wales.
ABCUL represents around 70% of credit unions who in turn provide services to 85% of the British credit union membership. Their dedicated staff, network of associates and experts are committed to making a difference to credit unions in Great Britain. They provide a full range of advice, training and development services to help their member credit unions grow and become sustainable financial co-operatives.
Some of the services they offer to their member credit unions:
- representation to governments, regulators, the media and other stakeholders
- access to information and guidance
- member rates for conferences, training and consultancy services
- a range of products and affinity schemes designed exclusively for member credit unions
- using the collective buying power of members to purchase products and services
- online information and networking opportunities
Credit unions will become the primary source of affordable, high quality and ethical financial services for the people of Great Britain.
To be the principal, democratically governed representative body of the credit union movement in Great Britain and to provide credit unions with the leadership, services and assistance they require to meet the financial needs and aspirations of the people of this country.
Learn more here: http://www.abcul.org/home